Discover who are the key regulatory bodies in North America, Europe and Asia.
Because security tokens are regulated financial products, most countries have established regulatory bodies and rules to govern the transactions. Some of the main countries that will be used for STOs and their governing bodies are listed below.
- USA: Security and Exchanges Commission (SEC), Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC)
- Canada: Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA)
- Luxembourg: Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF)
- UK: Financial Services Authority (FSA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- France: Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF)
- Germany: Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin)
- Liechtenstein: Liechtenstein Market Authority (LMA)
- Malta: Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA)
- Singapore: Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)
- Hong Kong: Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) and Hong Kong Securities & Futures Commission
- Japan: Securities and Exchange Surveillance Commission (SESC)